History: The Faculty was founded in 1816 and is the oldest among the agronomic faculties of Ukraine.
Structure: The faculty consist from four departments: Plant Science; Genetics, Breeding and Seed Production; Horticulture and Storage; Agricultural Chemistry; Soil Science; General chemistry; Husbandry (Arable Farming).
There are 11 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 61 Candidates of Science (PhD) and Associate Professors (Docents).
Education: The faculty conduct training in the following specialties: "Agronomy" and "Agricultural engineering" – Bachelor; "Agronomy" and "Horticulture and viticulture" – Master.
Science: The main research fields are:
- Management phyto production process in modern technologies of growing crops
- Protection and increase soil fertility of Ukraine
- Developing of landscape-adaptive farming systems foundations of left-bank forest-steppe and northern steppe of Ukraine
- Improvement of agro-ecological processes by agro-production mechanisation methods
- Design elements production technologies and storage of fruits and vegetables
- Formation of high performance grain crops, legumes, technical, bioenergy crops, fodder and medicinal plants
- Developing the scientific and methodological basis of selection of new high-yield varieties and hybrids of agricultural crops in the eastern part of the left-bank forest-steppe of Ukraine