Institute of Postgraduate Education and Advisory Service
Address and Location
Ukraine, 62483, Kharkiv district, Kharkiv region
p/o “Communist-1”, campus KhNAU,
Institute of Postgraduate Education,
building 1, first floor, room 206
Rozhkov Artur Oleksandrovych
Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Docent
Mobile telephone 066-206-39-98
tel./fax (0572) 99-71-30
Deputy Director of Extension Work
Butenko Tetyana Andriyivna
Cand. Econ. Sci., Docent
History of the Institute of Postgraduate Education
The history of the Institute of Postgraduate Education begins in 1930. Then the Department of Testing Stations was established in the former Kharkiv Agricultural Institute named after V. V. Dokuchayev. One of its main tasks was to enhance systematically managers and specialists of Agro-Industrial Complex. After the liquidation of the Department in 1961 the Annual School of Management Training was established at its base. Within five years of its existence about 600 graduates of higher agricultural educational establishments, working in agricultural production improved their skills. The Director of the School then was S. I. Afons’kyi.
In 1966 the School was reorganized into the Department of Advanced Training. More than a thousand people were trained at it then. The first vice rector who became the head of the Department of Agricultural Institute was V. I. Sokolov. In 1978 he was substituted to M. I. Tkalenko. And in 1991 V. K. Puzik became the vice rector.
In 1999 the Department was reorganized into the Institute of Postgraduate Education. Then the decision of public authorities on the creation of such Institute in Kharkiv Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayev – the oldest agrarian university of Ukraine – was not accidental. It became possible due to the existence in educational establishment scientific schools initiated by prominent scientists of global importance which were continued and developed by their numerous scholars. From September 2007 to December 2010 Synyavin V. D., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Docent, headed the Institute of Postgraduate Education. Since the beginning of 2011 Rozhkov A. O., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Docent, is the Director of the Institute.
License series AB № 363786
The Institute of Postgraduate Education is a subdivision of Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayev and has such departments:
• Advanced Training
• Retraining of Personnel
• Agricultural Advisory Service
The Institute of Postgraduate Education has a hostel in Kharkiv of total area of 2622m2 which provides students with housing at 100%.
The Department of Advanced Training
Advanced training is conducted as per government orders as well as on self-financing basis. Courses in the Institute are carried out according to standard curricula and programs to meet the requirements of modern production.
Particular attention is devoted to the studying of latest advances in science and techniques, the spread and introduction of modern technology as well as advanced management experience in the production, following standards of quality and safety of agricultural products, the introduction of an effective system of protection and sustainable use of agricultural lands.
The Institute of Postgraduate Education trains:
- heads of agricultural enterprises, farms of all types of ownership, managers of peasant farms;
- chief agronomist, agronomists of agricultural enterprises, farms of all types of ownership;
- agronomists-approbators, senior approbators of ‘”Ukrsortnasinnyeovoch”;
- plant protection agronomist, agronomists-vegetable growers, agronomists-fruit growers of agricultural enterprises and farms;
- chiefs, agronomists and specialists of the state seed inspection “Derzhnasininspektsiya”;
- managers and specialists of quarantine laboratories, state inspectors of the Plant Quarantine serving Plant Quarantine Stations (PQS) on the state border, state inspectors of the Plant Quarantine serving areas of “Ukrgolovderzhkarantyn”;
- chief economists, economists of rating and payment of agricultural enterprises and farms;
- chief accountants, accountants of agricultural enterprises, farms of all types of ownership;
- chiefs, specialists, accountants of regional and city offices and departments of the State Committee on Land Resources;
- teachers of colleges and technical schools of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy;
- scientific and pedagogical personnel of higher agricultural educational establishments of III-V level of accreditation.
The Department of Retraining of Specialists
(The second higher education on short term studies)
Retraining of Specialists is carried out on the basis of agreements (contracts) concluded by Kharkiv National Agrarian University with ministries, departments, enterprises, organizations and institutions of all types of ownership, as well as with those who want to be retrained at their own expense.
Specialists with higher education and bachelors who are simultaneously study at the education qualification level of a specialist or master and receive a diploma from other speciality before graduating from the Institute of Postgraduate Education are accepted at the department.
The Department of Agricultural Advisory Service
The department of Agricultural Advisory Service of the Institute of Postgraduate Education and Advisory Service, which in its activities based on the Law of Ukraine “On Agricultural Advisory Services” № 1807-IV from 17.06.04, provides advisory work in Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayev according to the Statute (№ 14711050005000843, registration date April 15, 2008).
The Department cooperates with the Scientific and Research division of the University, Research Center of Didactics of Management Education as well as with the Department of Research and Information Provision.
The main activities of the department:
- information and consultation: promotion of scientific knowledge by means of informing, organizing of demonstrations and exhibitions; giving a complex of scientific and advisory services on the new technologies and equipment, etc.; formation of a data bank on the latest scientific achievements (Expert-advisors and directions providing advisory services of KhNAU named after V. V. Dokuchayev);
- production: providing scientific and consulting support of processes of enterprises and organizations of AIC (the Agro Industrial Complex) development with their conversion into profitable enterprises of market type; promoting of innovation and investment activity of agricultural enterprises of the region; scientific support of innovative projects; methodical, information and communication support of activities of advisory bodies of the University zones of influence;
- scientific and education: the establishment of appropriate to market conditions integrated system of advanced training without production (без відриву від виробництва), promotion of scientific and technical progress and best practices throughout holding scientific and practical seminars, advanced training courses, field days, media, culture, best practices;
- social: helping rural communities, local governments in the implementation of projects and programs of economic, social and cultural development of rural areas.